Thursday, July 17, 2008

Girlfriends and Boyfriends

My children are old enough to have relationships. You know the dreaded girlfriends and boyfriends. I am not really sure how I feel about it. I like the people they have picked. It is just that kissing, hugging, touchy thing I am not to thrilled with.

It is just not something you want to think about in relation to your own children. However, I do have to say they have done a pretty good job of picking some goods ones.

First my oldest.....you know.....the fireman. When he was in school he dated the same girl from 8th grade on. They were not right for each other and I knew it but, I just prayed that it would end before it was too late. He has been dating a real sweetie pie for a couple of years now. She has beautiful red hair and a gorgeous smile. I know that he is about to ask her to marry him and I think it is wonderful. I could not have picked a better person for him. She is soft spoken, funny and she can hold her own with him! (which is a good thing) She is already a big part of our family and we are so happy to have her!

Photobucket
Fireman and Sweetie pie

My middle son Big E, has never had a serious girlfriend until about nine months ago. He made a wise choice. She is a sweetie pie too.Her Mom & Dad call her Squirrel so, that is what she will be here too! She is quiet until you get to know her. I think that they are perfect for each other but, sometimes I wish they had met and started dating when they were older. They are so young now so I can't help but wonder if they will always be together. I hope so because I think they are meant to be together. She is a tiny thing and they even favor a little. I hope she is around for a long time to come.

Photobucket
Big E and Squirrel

Then there is the Princess. She is only fourteen so I know that there will be many boyfriends in her future. The little fellow she has picked for now seems to be really sweet. He writes her poems and leaves her really nice messages on her myspace. He has really long hair and some of the kids give him a hard time for it but, this goes to show you why you should not judge anyone by their appearance. You see, he grows his hair out for locks of love. This is the organization that takes donated human hair and makes wigs for people going through cemo who have lost their hair. How many fourteen year old boys do you know that would do something like that. This makes him a winner in my book.

Photobucket
The Princess and her Prince for now.

I have learned that it is best to sit back and wait because my children can and will make wise choices. I mean paaaalease! What do you expect? They have obviously paid attention to their Mama all these years. You know....she....I mean me....well you know....I am wise.....or hmmmmmm....I try to be.....well I do...oh whatever!

No comments: