Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Different Way Of Looking At Things

The other night, me and Tim where having a deep conversation. I realized at that time that the way we each look at life is so different in a lot of ways. Tim asked the question.....why do all these bad things keep happening to us? I ask him......why do all these GOOD things keep happening to us.

A little over four years ago I was very close to not being here any longer. Why I was spared, I don't know. I do know that I don't want to waste a second with what ifs and negative thoughts. While things in our lives are not perfect and yes we do face many challenges, hardships and heart ache, we also have so many happy, wonderful things that happen too.

I told Tim that he was dwelling on the bad things and those things are so small compared to the many good things that have happened to us. As I began to point out all the good things, he began to see what I was talking about.

We have three beautiful children, two new precious daughters and the most gorgeous new grand baby in the world. We have a home, good jobs, we are able to pay our bills and while we are far from being millionaires, we are able to do some things we enjoy without worry. Would I rather be a millionaire? Well duh! Who wouldn't? But, you know what......I am content. Isn't that a good thing?

We will always have challenges and rough spots but, we have each other. I will cry tears over the heartaches of my children, I will worry about them and it will hurt when I can't fix everything for them but, I will always love them and be there for them. There is nothing that we will ever face, that as a family, we can't overcome.

One of the most important things I have learned is to turn it all over to God. This is so hard to do and I am the worlds worst about turning it over to him and then trying to take it back. This is something I am working on.

I choose to live my life looking for the good. I choose to live it with humor. I also choose to live it with love.....lots and lots of love. In other words......I just choose to live a life of contentment!



No comments: