Sunday, September 26, 2010

Who Am I

Have you ever asked yourself "Who am I?" I have found myself doing just that more and more these days and I don't know the answer. Am I the person that other people see or is that just a disguise? Can you pretend to be someone that you are not?

There is the obvious of course. I am  a wife, mother, sister, daughter and I hope friend. That is the easy answers. Who am I really?

I don't know who I am really but, I know who I want to be and I know who I try to be, but.....am I?

I want to be an encouraging person........I try to remember the things that others are going through. I try to let them know I am thinking of them and that I do remember that they are going through a trying time. Isn't it important for everyone to know that someone remembers them and their trials?

I want to be a thoughtful person....I want to remember birthdays and other important days. I try to remember the dates that friends and family have lost loved ones who are important to them. They need to know that they are not the only ones who remember.

I want to be a loving person.....I want the people that I care about to know that I love them. I don't want to leave this earth with any doubt in their minds that they were well loved by me.

I want to be a good friend.....I want to be there when my friends are in need. I want them to know that I am there for them. I want them to know that when their heart is breaking......mine is breaking with them.

I want to be a good wife.....I want to be supportive of my husband. I want him to know that I have his back and that I am his biggest fan. I want to be his best friend but, mostly I want him to know how much I love him.

I want to be a good Mother......I want to be there for my children. I  want them to know that they can come to me for anything. I want to be the kind of Mother that my children never have to wonder about the love I have for them.

Mostly, I just want to be a good person. I know I am not perfect and never will be. I can try though!

So, the question still remains.......who am I?  I don't know but, I know who I want to be and I strive every day to be that person. Maybe if I knew who I was then I would no longer try to be better. Maybe I don't need to know who I am.........maybe I just need to know who I want to be!

No comments: