Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My oldest child....the Fireman


He is a fireman now. He fights fires and rescues people in need, but used to....once upon a time.....he was just my baby.
When he was born he had a head full of black hair and it all came out and was replaced with snow white hair that stuck up all over his head. He has the bluest eyes I have ever seen. Just picture the bluest ocean you have ever seen and they are bluer.
He is kind and caring, strong and determined and he speaks his mind......always......oh my Lord does he ever speak his mind!
My nephew Press tells people "My cousins job is being an hero." and he is. He is a hero to so many people especially his Mama!
He decided that what he wanted to be was a fireman. He went to fire school and he studied hard and he made it through. He not only passed the written test but also the physical.
What most people don't know is that for him to make it through fire school was harder for him than most. You see, my child has a true fear of heights. In order to be a fireman you have to pass tests where you climb tall buildings and water towers and rappel down. He did it....with sheer will and determination.....he did it! My baby boy with the big blue eyes.
Recently, I was in a car accident. He came....and to start with he was very upset when he saw that I was trapped. He knew however, that it was not the time for that. He immediately went into rescue mode. He and his Dad helped to get me out of the wreckage and he rode with me in the amubulance.....and.....he was there for me........my baby boy.....with the big blue eyes.
When I look at him I try to see him as the wonderful man he has become.......but......all I see.....
is my baby boy.....with the big blue eyes.

No comments: